The Abatilles business continues to grow, while controlling its production volumes to be able to satisfy its ecological goals and finance its industrial investments that are essential to ensure proper development.
To achieve this, it has committed to a CSR policy and strives to maintain the production–conservation balance on a daily basis.
- Abatilles is IFS* certified and embraces HACCP*-based processes that are audited every year.
- Our in-house laboratory ensures the quality of the water that is bottled by performing daily microbiological and chemical analyses at different points in the production process (well, tanks, bottles).
* International Featured Standard (IFS) Food was founded in 2003. It is an audit reference framework to certify suppliers of food products to hyper- and supermarket chains.
* An analysis protocol to identify hazards and critical control points
- We use 38% of the total volume authorised by the local Prefecture.
- Our bottling process has been optimised to reduce our energy consumption: 40% less since 2008.
- We contribute to the recycling of PET bottles through an eco-tax*
*The eco-tax paid by Abatilles in 2019 enabled 25,000 people to sort their waste and 1,347 tons of waste to be recycled.
- Our bottles and caps are fully recyclable, recovered and reprocessed.
- The weight of plastic in our bottles and caps is regularly reduced.
- Our raw materials are solely sourced in France.
- Production of our glass-packaged range was multiplied by three between 2013 and 2019.
- We build awareness in our team around protecting the environment.
- We have sorting bins for bottles, caps, plastic films, glass, cardboard and batteries in the workshop.
- We are doing research and development into substitutes for plastic.
- Our new bottling lines break down less and offer improved workstation ergonomics.
- Work conditions have been adapted to make work easier and promote well-being: break room, segregated locker rooms, showers, office layout and furniture.
- We develop local partnerships.
- We contribute to economic development in our region as a local employer.
- We privilege local suppliers, players and partners.